Gotta roll with the punches, learn from your mistakes… Get up, dust yourself off and carry on… Expect less and be ready for unexpected
This was something we had to keep telling ourselves for the last two days. We have taken two weeks of work, a vacation without vacating, if you will. Mladen had ideas to work on his hobby, video projects and I wanted to get more serious and in-depth with our blog. But, alas, when you picture the perfect future, you are just asking for trouble.
So, the things went down in this order:
- Our land line was flooded, so phone was out
- Since we still have DSL Internet, the Internet went with it
- Power supply in Mladen’s computer went dead and
- Last, but not the least, adding new power supply showed that old one fried the computer motherboard and the whole thing went in open flame (yes, real fire!)
That was his birthday present. Special, right? We knew you’ll get jealous, but we had to brag a little! 😀
Anyway, while we’re waiting for a new motherboard to arrive, we had to spoil ourselves with something we really, really like. Enter *drum roll* Vegan Nori Rolls with olive dip!
- 3 carrots
- Small red (purple) onion
- 1/3 of a lettuce
- Red clover sprouts (around 80 grams)
- 1/2 of red bell pepper
- 1/2 of yellow bell pepper
- A few squeezes of lemon juice (or to taste)
- Salt or salt water sole (to taste)
- 3 nori sheets
Grate carrot, finely chop onion, lettuce, red and yellow bell peppers and throw them in a bowl. Add red clover sprouts, salt and lemon and mix it all up.
Place the nori sheet on a tray or plate and evenly spread your veggies on top. In the middle, add some olive dip, fine slices of peppers and few whole olives and roll up. It’s that easy!
If you put less veggies on the sheet and/or cut them up like sushi, you can keep your cool and still enjoy this rich taste.
Enjoy the rest of the week and remember, don’t plan ahead too much! 🙂